Re: Why does mplayer no longer play Car Talk?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Why does mplayer no longer play Car Talk?
- From: Adam Funk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:50:11 GMT
- Message-id: <TB3id.email@example.com>
- References: <Ia5hd.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sunday 31 October 2004 14:50, Michael Marsh wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:48:40 GMT, Adam Funk <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I used to use mplayer from the console successfully to
>> listen to the Car Talk radio show.
>> As shown below, it now fails with a missing codec, but
>> I have not removed any packages from my system. Any
>> suggestions for getting it to work again would
>> be appreciated.
> Since you say "any suggestions", I've had no problems with xine, other
> than that I have to download the playlist file rather than streaming
> directly. I've had good results with the following:
Thanks, but what I really want to do is use some of mplayer's other
options to record it to a WAVE file (as I had been doing until it
mysteriously stopped working). I can do it with vsound and realplay,
but that doesn't work as well and requires a display, whereas mplayer
can be run from an at job while logged out.