Re: I need help.

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 21:13 +0800, Mole lord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My name is Cameron Ball, and i've recently had an interest in linux.
> I've downloaded the Debian distro image.  And i've made a clean
> partition on my main hard drive.  So, i then burnt the image onto a
> disk, and attempted to boot it.  Nothing happened.  So i thought it
> may be that my BIOS may not be set to boot from cd, so i checked, and
> it was set to boot from cd, but just to be sure, i made it the first
> boot device.  Then i reset.  still nothing.  So, then i thought it may
> be because i had burnt it onto an CD RW, so i did it on a regular CD
> R.  Still nothing.  I have read through the installation manual, and
> can;t see anything of useage.

When you say, "Nothing happened.", what exactly do you mean?  If
you don't even see a POST...

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I tried to
ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage the plane."
RICHARD REID, tried to blow up American Airlines Flight 63