Re: problems with qla2x00

Hi again!

I got on question: Do I really have to install a XServer to make that SANSurfer - GUI - Application work?
All I want to do is connect to the system through ssh and start that gui, but even with x - Forwarding, nothing works. I get errors during installation
like

dab1:/home/sumpi/Software# sh ./sansurfer40linux_install.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.init(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.f(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

and then the installation stops. Has anybody any idea, what I could do with that program?

TIA,
Andy