Re: IBM Rack Server recommendation

Rishi <rishi.forums@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for this info. Can anyone recommend a branded 1 U Rack server
> that works on Debian GNU/Linux?

We use Dell Servers here with great success, and there's a dell linux support
site with a debian section.

On a side note, the RedHat RPMs with the PERC stuff convert to debian quite easily
and work with no problems at all on both woody and sarge. (We even use the alien'd
packages on our gateway boxen with MegaRAID RAID hw with no problems...)

--
Douglas G. Phillips
Distributed Computing         Information Technology Services