Re: Yanking a USB Hard Drive/ReiserFS causes Kernel Panic

William Ballard <nospam_40811@alltel.net> writes:

> [XP-Focused things]
> -Install and run multi-GB map software and games in WinXP
> -Keep CD images such as Visual Studio and Map software on it,
>  so they'll always be available (XP Only)
> -Treat it as a "general data store" for Ripped DVDs, Install Programs,
>  my document store, and transferring large projects; (XP/Linux/Both)
>
> [Linux-focused things]
> -Keep VMWare images on it (used in Linux)
> -Keep Partimage images of XP O/S partition on it (used in Linux)
> -Keep a music library on it (used in Linux)

Looking at your usage, I would probably go with ext2 or xfs.  XFS is
supposed to be the best filesystem for big files.  Then again, I'm not
sure you need a journaled filesystem if you only read from the system
(but someone can probably correct me on that).

--
John L. Fjellstad