Re: my fan is out of control

on KDE there's an application that control several things from vaio computers.
i don't know if there's something like it for gnome.

under de KDE control center -> System Administration -> Sony Vaio Laptop.

I don't know if this solve your problem, but it's worth to try.

there must be an app that control the fan. when I recompiled the kernel, I
remember to see something regarding that. since pentium mobile processors can
be more or less powerfull depending of the use (I don't remeber the technical
term for that). if your using a generic kernel, you should think about
recompiling your kernel to your machine. If you need help for that just
ask...

--
Rui Silva
ruka@tugamail.com