Re: apt-get cannnot clean cache files

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:11:14AM +0800, Kuang He wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:50:13 +0200, Maurits van Rees
> > DSELECT::Clean auto;
> > which will do its magic when you are using dselect.
>
> Sorry, I only use apt-get and aptitude :-)

Alright then. I don't use aptitude, but apparantly I have it
installed. From /usr/share/aptitude/README:

--------
Option:Aptitude::Autoclean-After-Update

Default:false

files (see Actions->Clean obsolete files) every time you update the
package list.
--------

So putting

Aptitude::Autoclean-After-Update

in your apt.conf will delete all obsolete files in your package
cache. Deleting really everything doesn't seem to be an available
option, but maybe you can find it in that file.

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill