Re: Why does mplayer no longer play Car Talk?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:48:40 GMT, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I used to use mplayer from the console successfully to
> listen to the Car Talk radio show.
> http://www.cartalk.com/Radio/Show/online.html
>
> As shown below, it now fails with a missing codec, but
> I have not removed any packages from my system.  Any
> suggestions for getting it to work again would
> be appreciated.

Since you say "any suggestions", I've had no problems with xine, other
than that I have to download the playlist file rather than streaming
directly.  I've had good results with the following:

xine `grep rtsp unnamed`

where "unnamed" is the name that Firefox gives to the playlist.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh