Re: Sarge: mouse won't work - module problem?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:36:56 +1100, Robert S <robert_s@emame.net.au> wrote:
> I updated from woody to sarge a while ago with a 2.6 kernel.  My mouse (MS
> Optical Wheel mouse) won't work out of gpm or X.  I suspect that there's a
> problem with loaded modules because when I unload psmouse or mousdev, the
> light on the mouse stays on.
>
> Is there some way I can remove all unloaded modules and start from scratch
> again? - I've got a lot of redundant modules loaded.

If the module isn't in use you can try with "rmmod module-name", to
avoid the automatic loading of some module, if you are sure they are
not necessary, you can put their names in the /etc/hotplug blacklist.

> Is there a file I can delete in /etc/modultils and then start again using
> modconf after a reboot?
>
> Or maybe there's another problem??

You probably need the "mousedev" and "psmouse" modules loaded. If
hotplug don't load them automatically, try manually with modprobe.

Andrea