x cdroast

I'm having some trouble getting my cd-rw working with x cd roast.

it's a MSI brand ATAPI device with CD/DVD R/RW.
I'm using Linux Kernel
Linux isengard 2.6.8-1-k7 #1 Mon Sep 13 23:56:00 EDT 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

First off, I get warning messages about using ATAPI EIDE devices instead of the SCSI emulated devices (from kernel 2.4 days) and when I do try to burn an iso image I do this:

Write Tracks -- select ISO image and 'Add'

Then I get this:
I don't understand the DMA warnings because I am pretty sure that this computer has DMA capabilities, OK? It's < 1 year old.

I'm really at a loss as what to do now. I don't believe I ever tried xcdroast on the Kernel 2.6 and do not look forward to downgrading everything to kernel 2.4 just to burn one ISO image.

help!

Calling: /usr/lib/xcdroast/bin/xcdrwrap CDRECORD dev= "ATAPI:0,0,0" gracetime=2 fs=16384k driveropts=burnfree -v -useinfo speed=24 -dao -eject -pad -data "/home/tallison/ptv-mfstools2-large-disk.iso" ...

scsidev: 'ATAPI:0,0,0'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be unmaintained.
Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
SCSI buffer size: 64512
cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW support code. cdrecord: See /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.DVD.Debian for details on DVD support. Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
Please send bug reports and support requests to <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Driveropts: 'burnfree'
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'ATAPI   '
Identifikation : 'DVD DUAL 4XMax  '
Revision       : '2.30'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Current: 0x0009
Profile: 0x001B
Profile: 0x001A
Profile: 0x0014
Profile: 0x0013
Profile: 0x0011
Profile: 0x0010
Profile: 0x000A
Profile: 0x0009 (current)
Profile: 0x0008
Profile: 0x0082
Profile: 0x0081 (current)
Profile: 0x0080
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC SWABAUDIO B
URNFREE
cdrecord: Drive does not support SAO recording.
Supported modes:
cdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.
Drive buf size : 8192000 = 8000 KB