Re: nv vs. nvidia - glx

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> >>Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> >>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
> >>Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> >>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
> >

> > those seem to be non-critical warnings, we have 3D stuff working w/
> > nvidia cards and openGL apps ...
> >

> Are you saying you have glx working with the nv driver?

yup..  glxgears ( my dummy test ) works on the box with nv and nvidia
and with those libdri.a warnings

and i saw from your XF86Config, dri module is commented out
( probably not a good idea )

- to get opengl working, as also confirmed by greg, you need to
  verify that libglut* is your version and NOT a mixture of the
  default installed drivers vs the new one you're loading
	# should only show "todays date"
	# find /lib /usr -name libglut\* -ls

	# watch out for libglut*.a  vs libglut.so.* too

c ya
alvin