Re: Question about debian install cd

Carl Fink wrote:

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:02:42AM +0800, Lian Liming wrote:

Thank you for replay. Another question: when i install the debian system using the boot cd with 2.4 kernel. I find i can only choose "ext2" and "xfs" as my patition type. I prefer "ext3" and "reiserfs". So how should i do now? Patition the hard disk to ext2 or xfs when installation , then after system has been setup up, convert it to ext3 or reiserfs?
That seems not a smart way, any suggestion?

Install using 2.6?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That is exactly my question. How to choose the 2.6 kernel as my install kernel version? Current available Debian install cds seem just have 2.4 kernel or earlier version.

Note that ext2 and ext3 are exactly the same (as I understand it)
except that ext3 maintains a journal file.  "Conversion" between the
two is not really conversion.