Re: USE flags ??

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 21:41 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
> > What the heck does an MTA do that would make P4-specific binaries
> > run so much faster than the standard 386 binaries?
> >
> > All it does it move big chunks of bytes around from sockets to
> > files and back again.
>
> No kidding.  I tend to find that putting faster hard drives tends to
> give the best speed improvements with MTAs.

An Hitachi 3TB SAN with 6GB of cache, with dual/redundant HBAs
and Brocade switches would make it *really* fast...

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will
not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and
a dog."
Mark Twain