Re: Need help: How to replace NIC card with another brand + discover1 tips?

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 16:10, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:52 -0700, Gary wrote:
> > I need to replace my NIC card and have an Intel NIC card as a
> > replacement. The system is already built and configured for the old
> > card. Do I need to add the module to the kernel? I have never done
> > that after building the system, so how do I go about it?
>
> You can have both modules at the same time.
>
> If you roll your own kernel, just build them both of them.

Well, this may be true for most kernels, but e100 and eepro100 dont play
nice together with kernel-image-2.6.8-1-k7-smp. Discover1 loads both
modules simultaneously and then locks things up when you try to remove
one of them. Actually, most times, if you remove e100 first, you can
also remove eepro100, but never the other way around.

Is there a way to tell discover _not_ to load a specific module?

-davidc