Re: Sid: Mplayer ratio question

Ok, Debianites, I found something that works.

mplayer dvd:// -vo scale=854:480

This plays the video in the correct aspect, as well as completely
filling the 854x480 x-window that mplayer opened even without the -vo
command.

mencoder works the same way, as I thought it would. Simply appending
"-vo scale=854:480" to the mencoder command I'd been using created
the correct aspect ratio in the .avi file, which mplayer and XINE
viewed correctly without any special options.

Many thanks, I hope someone benefits from this information in the
future.

Curt-

On Monday 25 October 2004 19:01, Curt Howland was heard to say:

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history