Re: nv vs. nvidia

Jon Dowland wrote:
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:23:08 +0200, Joris Huizer <jorishuizer@planet.nl> wrote:

In case you don't need to run 3d programs, using nv will be fine for you

...provided you have a reasonably modern computer or a small
resolution display. On my AMD K6-2 450mhz, the nv driver is unbearably
slow at 1280x1024.

I have a AMD Athlon 850mhz and at 1280x1024 I don't think I noticed the difference. An advantage over Nvidia is that you don't have that hassle with the install. But I use their 6111 package, may be that hassle does not exist with the Debian package.

Hugo