Re: xserver-xfree86 managing different settings

Thomas Adam wrote:

>  --- Scotty Fitzgerald <sfitz007@bestweb.net> wrote:
>> I can't be the first person to want to do this, so how do I do this?
>
> apt-get install gvidm
>
> -- Thomas Adam

[snip]

Thanks Thomas, I didn't know about gvidm, but I installed it and it works.

However I am afraid I did not make mayself clear.  What I want to do, when
KDM starts, is be able to choose "console login" from the pull-down menu,
which will give me an old fashioned 24x80 character display, login to a
user account, and give a command something like....

somexcommand loresscreen fluxbox -g 640x480

where,
Somexcommand is some X command to restart the X server

Loresscreen references something in the X server init file that tells X to
use a screen size and screen resolution of 640x480

fluxbox is a preferred windows manager

and -g 640x480 is a geometry switch telling fluxbox that I am using 640x480.

Anybody know how I can something like this?

Thanks,
---
Scotty