Re: OT, dvd player playable jpeg pictures

Tong <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know what kind of jpeg pictures are playable in normal dvd player?
>
> I burned some, but it seems that DVD players are very picky about the
> pictures they can show.
>
> My DVD player manual can't help me with this. I've looked everywhere, but
> didn't find any relevant information.

Convert your JPEG pictures to MPEG format and make an ordinary Video DVD
out of these. Any player should be able to play this.

The mjpegtools can do the conversion. Search the documentation for "MPEG
stills". An MPEG still is essentailly an MPEG video with a single frame,
and can also contain audio which is played while the picture is shown.

Martin

--
  / ,- )    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany    ((_/)o o(\_))