pcmcia

It's been a few years and I've reinstalled my notebook with debian testing + Kernal 2.6. But I don't think what I used to do with pcmcia is the best practice anymore. I did everything through custom kernels and lots of compiling.

My wireless NIC isn't recognized when inserted and I'm not sure what the right package is to install anymore for pcmcia support.

help?

(sorry for posting on two lists, but I'm not getting any emails from either in 24 hours, which is more than a little strange)