Re: Playing a wav

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 10:07 +1300, Edward Murrell wrote:
> The wavtools package has wavp, which will do what you ask.
>
> It seems to be strangely missing from unstable though. *shrugs*

Not in sarge either; it was orphaned,

> Edward
>
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/sound/wavtools
>
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 09:26, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> > Back on SuSE, I could play a wav file just by entering "play file" from the
> > command line. I liked this for script end notifications. Play isn't installed
> > by default, and there are hundreds of hits if I enter "apt-cache search
> > play".
> >
> > Would someone be so kind as to suggest a command line tool for this that's
> > available on Debian?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"The mass of ignorant Negroes still breed carelessly and
disastrously, so that the increase among Negroes, even more than
the increase among whites, is from that portion of the population
least intelligent and fit, and least able to rear their children
properly."
W.E.B. DuBois, 1932