Re: Control another Linux box to play mp3s....

On Monday 25 October 2004 15:06, Kevin Wang wrote:
> Hello, list,
>
> I'm thinking about if it is possible to let another Linux box to sound
> remotely.
>
> Any thought?
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If you use KDE, open the Control Center, open the Sound and Multimedia
section, and select the Sound System module.  Click on the "Enable
networked sound" checkbox, and apply the changes.

If you use Gnome instead, I'd guess there's a similar option in one of its
control center modules.

If you aren't using a sound server, then you'll essentially have to write
one.

On the other hand, rather than go this route, you could always create a
shared drive from one machine, mount it in the second machine, and place
the sound files themselves in the shared folder.  Then, you can use local
apps to play your mp3s.

Hope that helps,
Justin Guerin