Re: Orinoco Driver Patch - Question

On Sunday 24 Oct 2004 12:51:24 +0100, Werner Otto wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently trying to get airodump to work with my Orinoco Gold
> wireless card.
>
> I need to patch my driver to get 'Monitor' mode enabled on it.
>
> I have been reading some docs and am still missing a few points, maybe
> because I haven't done it before, no excuse though :-)
>
> I have copied my patch to /lib/modules/2.6.8-1-686/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

Werner,

Try applying that patch in the kernel source tree, rather than the modules
directory, e.g.,

cp patch to:

/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/drivers/net/wireless

cd to same

then patch:

patch -p1 < yourmonitormodepatch.diff

then compile.

I patched mine with the "orinoco-0.13e-dragorn-patch.diff" patch for
monitor mode in that fashion successfully.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Fred Henry, Jr.