RE: perl program to log apache access.log with mass virtualhosting

> On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 08:07, Cristi Banciu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using apache with mass virtual hosting. I need to keep
> separate log
> > files for each vhosts into something like thist
> > /var/log/httpd/$vhost.without.www/$year/$month/$day/access.log

Why use a custom made solution if apache already provides the
possibility for separate logs per virtual host?

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName something.somewhere.tld
  ServerAdmin someone@somewhere.tld
  DocumentRoot /some/where/at/your/server
  CustomLog /some/where/at/your/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

would do the job, I think.

Dan