Re: tetex-bin fails installation

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 12:00:24AM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:
> On my last upgrade, tetex-bin failed to install. I received the
> following in the debconf window:

Disclaimer: I am not maintaining this package>

Please check and see it has been reported or not.
 http://bugs.debian.org/tetex-bin

If not, use "reportbug" package to report it to the package.

Please make sure you did not randomly installed package from different
archive.

> The generation of some of the format files needed to run TeX, LaTeX etc.
> has failed. You will not be able to run these programs until this is fixed.
>
> The most frequent cause for such a failure is that a new version of
> tetex-bin changed configuration files, but you did not accept the
> maintainers' version of a file you manually changed.
>
> If you report this as a bug, please include the output of fmtutil,
> stored in /tmp/tetex.postinst.XXoQhR1x
>
> That file is empty.
>
> In the standard terminal I received:
>
> Creating config file /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf with new version
> done
> Generating /var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf ... done
> Regenerating /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg ... done
> Running initex. This may take some time. ...
> fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.

That is bad.

Osamu
PS: tetex-bin has gone through major updates recently.  ....