SMP settings - Dumb Newbie Question

Ok, So I booted from an image which the author
reckoned had SMP compiled in.  How do I actually know
if both processors are being used?

Yeah I know, its dead obvious to you gurus out there,
but I've had a hard day ;-)

On the plus side I have got all my partitions in
place, learning how to mount along the way (slight
hiccup after I deleted my /etc/fstab by accident, but
hey whats one more install between friends).

Currently progessing through the joys of Samba (p.s.
if you know of a  SAMBA Howto for Morons, please point
me in that direction).

Just for good measure, my wireless link has just
bombed for reasons currently unknown!  Ah its fun in
this game ain't it.

If you are reading this and your one of the very nice
people who have helped me today, many-many thanks

See yall