Re: Dual Monitor Configuration - What Am I Missing?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:01:50PM -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> I am trying to get my system set up to be able to output to the TV (an
> old Amiga monitor connected to a VCR).  Yesterday, I went ahead and
> purchased an S-Video to composite adapter and ran a cable from the
> S-Video Out port on my video card (NVidia Geforce 5600FX) to the video
> in port on the VCR.
>
> When I rebooted, I was able to watch the boot process on the TV (kinda
> cool in a geeky way).  But when the system tried to load the X-Server,
> the screens (both the TV and my primary monitor, which is a Trinitron
> Multiscan 17Se set to 1280x1024-24 Bit Color) flashed the NVidia logo
> a few times and then crashed back to the console.  If it helps
> troubleshooting any, here are the relevant lines from my XF86Config-4
> file...  So, what do I have configured incorrectly here?

It might also help to provide your /var/log/XFree86.* file(s).  They
should have at least some indication of why X failed to start.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar