Re: Bugs in g++ on Sarge?

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 08:59, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> >    The bugs are *not* repeatable.  I can type make, have the make
> > choke on something like the above, type make again, and it will get
> > through the compile.
>
> Are you sure you don't have hardware problems?
> Most likely such gcc failures are caused by bad ram and/or processor
> overheat.

   I'd actually be relieved if it was a hardware problem, then I could
just by some replacement memory or whatever and be done with it.  Any
suggestions as to tests I could run to track that down?  I can run a
copy of Memtest86 on the box tonight.  I just don't see any other signs
of instability on the box, and it gets quite heavily used, compiling a
lot of code every day as a development server.  Is it just that g++ is
working the memory a lot harder than gcc/php/mysql/xfree86/everything
else?

thanks,
Jim