Re: Creating new inbox Courier-IMAP

On Oct 21 2004, Adi Linden wrote:
> I am evaluating courier-imap and maildir for a mail server. When the first
> email is delivered to a local mail account, is the maildir structure
> automatically created by postfix, maildrop, procmail, etc...?

Well, procmail *can* create the needed Maildir if it is instructed to
deliver the mail to a Maildir. You just have to tell it that the target for
the delivery is Maildir/ (note the slash after the name of the Maildir).

I've been using qmail + courier-imap-ssl + procmail + (mutt && mozilla) in
my local machine for some time now and I'm quite happy with the results.

The only problem that I have is the antispam solution that I'm using, which
is spamassassin 2 (invoked from procmail), which works fine, but uses a lot
of resources of my modest computer. :-(

I'm open to opinions regarding other antispam (bayesian) programs, if
other people have experiences with the versions available in testing/sarge.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php