OT: Raid0 Force Online

Hopelessly offtopic queston, but oh well, someone here is bound to have
more clue than me.

We have a Dell 600SC server with IDE Raid0 (two disks). This morning it
was making load beeping noises and claimed that one of its disks had
failed.

Just to see what would happen, we forced the failed disk back online,
and the machine came up fine and everything *looks* like its ok.

I'm pretty ignorant of all this sort of stuff, so is forcing the disk
online, asking for trouble or will we be ok?

Given that it looks ok, and the disk itself does not report errors, what
would have caused the disk to fall off the raid array?

(FWIW, its running redhat 8)

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a