From: Sergio Basurto [mailto:basurto@canada.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 4:35 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: apt-get update

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:43:44 +1300, Johnno wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> When I do a apt-get update I get this error:
>
> Fetched 6847kB in 33s (203kB/s)
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing lg-issue29
> (NewFileVer1)
> E: Problem with MergeList

/var/lib/apt/lists/linux.jetstreamgames.co.nz_dist_debian_dists_
sarge_main_b
> inary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be
parsed
> or opened.
>
> How do I fix this??
>
> Many Thanks,
>                     Johnno

Send your sources.list
This error is sent when you are pointing to a wrong
location on a debian mirror.

the lines that I have in mine are:

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb-sources the same as a above
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/
testing/non-US main

regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)