Re: aptitude: packages have been kept back

--- robin <robin@rektau.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> Try apt-get install one of the packages and check the output.
> Robin

The thing is I install all my packages using aptitude. If I use apt-get, I
believe the aptitude database will be out of synch and I'd like to avoid that.

I tried "aptitude dist-upgrade bind9 dnsutils --simulate" but that offers me to
install 626 NEW packages and that's not what I want.

Can anyone shed some light on why these packages are kept back? Any way to
resolve this "kept back" issue using aptitude?

Thanks in advance