[OT] Debian advocacy for Smart but Scared People With Lives

My brother in law and nephew are above-average with computer skills but
not C programmers.  Both are resistant to trying the Knoppix CD I burned
for them because I told them it's going to be really hard for them to
get their sound card or network card or what have you working -- I
didn't lie to them.

I just can't get them interested in Linux because they just can't get
motivated to switch or even dual boot -- even though their computers are
totally infested with Spyware.  Nephew can't go anywhere on the
internet, he just works around it.

I'm just gonna give up on them.  Should everyone switch?