Re: where can I find lyx 1.3.5 for debian?

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:56:37 -0700 (PDT), belahcene abdelkader
<belahcene@yahoo.com> wrote:
> root@belaOffice:/usr/local/lyx-1.3.5# ./configure
> --with-frontend=qt

You shouldn't need to do anything thing except "make install" as root.

> checking for moc2... not found
> checking for moc... not found
> configure: error: moc binary not found in $PATH or
> /bin !
>
> where is the problem, in debian or lyx ??

Neither. You just don't have certain build dependancies installed (to
take a simple example, without a C compiler you could run "HelloWorld"
but not compile "HelloWorld.c" into "HelloWorld"). Find the debian
packages containing the moc binary (<http://packages.debian.org/> has
a nice search engine) and install them first.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>