debian-el sender headers?

hi,

just downloaded & tried out the debian-el package (for using emacs to
report bugs.  It's great but the mail I sent got sent back to me by
bugs.debian.org with this message:

  submit@bugs.debian.org
    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host spohr.debian.org [128.193.0.4]: 550 rejected:
    there is no valid sender in any header line (envelope sender is <matt@www.somehostame.org>)

do I have to set a preference in exim4 (4.34-2), or somewhere in
emacs?

thanks as always!
matt

 .''`.       Matt Price