Re: newbie question

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:22:20PM +0100, Loz wrote:
> I set up a British keyboard map during the install (I'm actually using
> the Demudi flavour of Agnula, a Debian based music release), but when
> I come into X, using Fluxbox, it seems to be set up for an American
> keyboard.
>
> Which file do I need to edit, and which setting do I need to set it to
> to change this?

I don't know Demudi, Agnula or Fluxbox. Some other posters are right
in pointing you to config files and command lines. But there may also
be a graphical means to change this in your desktop manager. I have
KDE. It's in the Dutch language, so I'm guessing the English names
here. Your mileage may vary. Go to Configuration -> Configuration
Center -> Region -> Keyboard. Twist some arms here and it just might
work.

If the advices don't work, it would be good to know if you *do* have
the right keyboard mapping while working on the command line instead
of the desktop manager.

Happy typing,

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill