strange Xwindows problem Sarge

Hi;

I successfully installed and configured debian sarge.
Xwindows is also configured. My system is on DHCP.
After changing the hostname, i rebooted the system.

Now i am able to run GUI i.e startx by root account.
But i am not able to run startx with unprivileged
account.
First time as i used to run startx it used give error
about display name "hostname:0". But now after adding
DNS entry for my new hostname, it just does not give
any error. Whenever i run startx the screen flashes X
and mouse cross icon...then dies.

But it works with root

Please help