Re: Unusual function problem with Synaptic, apt-get, j2re1.3

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
Attempting to install j2re1.3, the JAVA runtime environment, into Sid, I
am faced with a Sun Microsystems, Inc. Binary Code License Agreement to
which I must agree, but there is no way to agree.  Faced with no buttons
(when it says they will be there)  I have attempted, "yes," "accept,"
"OK," removing it (must re-install before removal), re-installing, (same
no-button agreement to which I cannot agree), doing all of the above
after apt-get clean and apt-get autoclean, and, finally, just tearing my
danged hair out.
Is there a chance that some kind soul has an inkling of what I should do
next (save the Final Solution)?
If so, please, pass it on so I may continue my upgrading.

Cybe R. Wizard

I find it easier to download the binaries from either Blackdown or Sun, I prefer the former. Installation is trivial from a vc, which of course includes the LA, but then you just enter "yes".

BTW, I just tried that yesterday after I saw your post. You just have to watch out that you get the right version gcc wise for what the browser was compiled with.

Hugo