Linux on a Thinkbad T42

Hey all,
My trusty iBook's hinge snapped after 3.5 years of trusty service (RIP coltrane) and so now i'm in the market for a new laptop. My brother recently bought an IBM Thinkpad T42 and he is very happe with it (running Windows, and just using it for everyday college student work). The price he got it for is still available through a source, and it's a good deal. Now i was wondering if there were any problems installing debian in the Thinkpads, and if so anybody had a suggestion, or recommendation as to what kind of laptop to purchase. I know there are lots of threads on this subject, but since new models and technologies come out everyday, an update is of order once in a while.

-JSS
--
Jule Slootbeek
jslootbeek@clarku.edu