RE: GAL 2.2 ==> GAL 2.2.3

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 15:05 +0200, Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded evolution 2.0.2 and the exchange connector.
> I am using debian sarge now.
> How can i upgrade to sid without reinstalling everything ?

By reading my 8:30AM (GMT -0400) message I am pasting down below just to
make sure you READ it. (your "Install RPM" thread)

I wouldn't goto experimental. That is not what you are looking for. I'd
go with SID/Unstable. But listing Experimental as a source.

All that means is that the Packaging of things is very volatile, and
once in a while break but not anything worth fretting over.

Even though you want these experimental packages you want to use SID
with specifying the versions in experimental.

My sources.list if available here:
http://www.gregfolkert.net/files/sources.list

Read the header information.

I suggest you select unstable and uncomment the unstable lines, and make
them for your country of origin. But also uncomment the experimental
lines.

Create an /etc/apt/apt.conf with the following lines in it:

APT::Default-Release "unstable";
APT::Cache-Limit 20000000;

Then do: (dselect|apt-get|aptitude) update

Next: (apt-get|aptitude) -u dist-upgrade

Then once all that is done:

apt-get evolution/experimental evolution-exchange/experimental

errors saying need this but that is installed, add those packages with
the "/experimental" on the end until it installs successfully.

Understand, I *AM* assuming your understand the implications of using
SID with Experimental packages... so I'll leave it to you to make sure
your actions are your own.

BTW, there *IS* no need to copy me. I read the mail list.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux