Re: Automating wifi setup

    Alvin> i'm not sure if 3com uses prism54 or not ... but if it
    Alvin> does, you should use it instead of ndiswrapper ( last
    Alvin> resort )

    Alvin> 	http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php
    Alvin> http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/hostap-0.0.4.tar.gz or
    Alvin> newer

Doesn't work with the prism54 drivers. The driver loads - the firmware
loads - eth2 (which the prism54 driver creates instead of wlan0) shows
up as NOT READY in iwconfig - then 'ifconfig eth2 up' and suddenly has
eth2 under iwconfig shows "no wireless extensions". ifconfig eth2 down
then removing the prism54 and firmware_class modules then hangs the
box. I have some questions up at the prism54 forum.

    Alvin> setup the wlan0 interface exactly the sameway as eth0
    Alvin> interfaces with the exception of new wireless options

>From /etc/network/interfaces

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wireless_essid MyESSID
    wireless_mode Managed
    wireless_key MyWEPKey

Note - wlan0 doesn't have auto - there's no point in having it auto at
startup since the card will only be used when I'm at home and this is
my work laptop.

    Alvin> http://www.linux-wireless.org/Wireless/Install-HOWTO/ -
    Alvin> look at "other"

Will do.