Re: kernel-patch-bootsplash for 2.6.8?

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 08:50, Nick Hastings wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    following the most recent Debian weekly news, I decided to try to
> setup bootsplash. I added the appropriate source[1] to my apt sources
> but, it seems the kernel-patch-bootsplash package is a bit out of date
> since it doesn't appear[2] to supply patches for 2.6.8 kernels.
>
> I tried googling but found nothing applicable. Anyone know anything about
> this?
>
> TIA,
>
> Nick.
>
> [1] http://www.bootsplash.de/files/debian/
> [2] See: /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/bootsplash from
>     kernel-patch-bootsplash
You might want to consider using fbsplash, as bootsplash is considered
the wrong way by the upstream kernel coders.
http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/
I wrote a guide here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/html/articles/debian-splash-nonprint.htm
iam working with others to standidise fbsplash into a project called
debsplash

Cheers
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|        Lisa, if you dont like your job you dont strike, |
|         just go in everyday and do it really half-assed |
|                  Thats the American way. -Homer Simpson |