Re: kernel-patch-bootsplash for 2.6.8?

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Nick Hastings wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    following the most recent Debian weekly news, I decided to try to
> setup bootsplash. I added the appropriate source[1] to my apt sources
> but, it seems the kernel-patch-bootsplash package is a bit out of date
> since it doesn't appear[2] to supply patches for 2.6.8 kernels.
>
> I tried googling but found nothing applicable. Anyone know anything about
> this?

I downloaded a patch once somewhere, can't remember where exactly. It
seems to differ from [1], so I uploaded the patch I had:
http://www.zwartoog.nl/hidden/bootsplash-3.1.4-sp3-2.6.8.1.diff

This one was patched to an official 2.6.8.1 kernel (I don't use Debian
kernels). Works great.

Cheers!
Sebastiaan

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)