Re: Problems with debian install

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Vikas Rawal wrote:

> I am new to debian but have some experience with Redhat 9.
>
> I would like to install debian on a Compaq PIII machine. I have the 7
> CDs (downloaded ISOs and burnt CDs without trouble). But when I try to
> install, pretty soon it gives a message to the effect that debootstrap
> returned an error (1) and brings me back to a menu from where there is
> nowhere to go.
>
> This obviously does not look like enough information to be able to say
> very much on the issue. But may be somebody will be able to give me a
> lead to follow and tell me where to look for the solution.
>
> Vikas

I have no experience with the current installation process of Debian, but
you can switch to different consoles during the installation (ctrl+alt+F1
-> F4). On the other colsoles you can log in and information is given
about the install process. Perhaps you will find something usefull there?

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)