chkrootkit finds 'value too large for defined data type'

Hello all,

I'm running woody on one hd, and have recently installed sarge on
another by upgrading everything over the net after installing from my
original woody cds. Tonight on the sarge hd, chkrootkit gives about
twenty lines of

/proc/1544/fd/1 : value too large for defined data type

with 1544 being various numbers and the 1 at the end being either 1 or
2. These fds (file descriptors, would they be?) all seem to be pointing
at /home/username/.xsession-errors, which has a size of 2909774635, and
which will not open on vim or kwrite or kedit. (On vim a new, empty
file opens, on kedit the error message complains about the size of the
file, reasonably enough I suppose, and kwrite questions the
permissions, which are fine. Presumably it is the size of the file
causing the problem each time though?)

Googling, I find one mention of a bug (#263702) which seems to
partially explain the problem - files over 2GB trigger the error
message, if I'm reading it right. But why has .xsession-errors suddenly
exploded? The last thing I did was to transfer some files by RWCD using
xcdroast. Curiously, one of those files was called simply 'video'
(although it's a textfile I use to keep a track of what is on my
videos) and the above bug report mentions video files. This might well
be a bizarre coincidence though.

My sarge was up-to-date as of about 24 hrs ago, the version of
chkrootkit is 0.43, and I have been checking with it about once a day,
but to no actual routine. This is the first time anything has come up.
I'm only running a desktop, with a dial-up connection.

Do I have anything to worry about here? Apologies if I should have told
you anything else, and thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Geoff