Re: applying debian kernel patch

On October 12, 2004 03:03 am, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > > how are you supposed to apply a kernel-patch-debian patch i take it you
> > > just untar then goto kern source dirc and
> > > do . ../kernel-patch-debian/all/2.6.8/apply/debian cause thats what I
> > > did then the screen cleared and it logged me out and im kinda wondering
> > > what it just did? I take it thats not normal for it to log you out? (
> > > and also there wasnt any doc i dont think that tells you what changes
> > > the patch makes? is there one anywhere? ) thanks.
> >
> > If you're not using it yet i suggest you to try "kernel-package" to
> > build your kernels, IIRC it has an option to automatically applying
> > all Debian patch (this is the fast way =), or you can choose
> > selectively what patch to apply on the command line.

Ok thanks, btw so would I just issue make-kpkg
--added-patches /usr/src/kernel-patches alone BEFORE I edit the config, or
do I just add the patch in the line when im making the kernel with
make-kpkg --added-patches /usr/src/kernel-patches --append-to-version=blah
kernel-image (just want to make sure) thanks.

Steve.