Re: applying debian kernel patch

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:55:42 -0400, ekco9595 <ekco9595@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> how are you supposed to apply a kernel-patch-debian patch i take it you just
> untar then goto kern source dirc and
> do . ../kernel-patch-debian/all/2.6.8/apply/debian cause thats what I did
> then the screen cleared and it logged me out and im kinda wondering what it
> just did? I take it thats not normal for it to log you out?
> ( and also there wasnt any doc i dont think that tells you what changes the
> patch makes? is there one anywhere? ) thanks.

If you're not using it yet i suggest you to try "kernel-package" to
build your kernels, IIRC it has an option to automatically applying
all Debian patch (this is the fast way =), or you can choose
selectively what patch to apply on the command line.

About what changes are done by the patch, this should be documented in
the usual Debian doc location, something like
/usr/share/doc/package_name...

Andrea