--- Justin Guerin <jguerin@cso.atmel.com> wrote:
> If that's the case, then the new KDE / Gnome should
> "just work".

Yes...but that is the least of my problems now. I have
another thread going about some other more serious
issues after this "apt-get dist-upgrade".

> What is
> leading you to believe that KDE / Gnome are not the
> current version?

The "About" screen still shows kde 2.2.2 from my old
Woody install. I'd post you more but I am now back on
Windows cause the modem driver is broke.  That's my
fault but an effort to recompile it proved to be
undoable cause I am stuck between these upgrades with
an old gcc, a new libc6, and two kernels that dislike
one or the other of them.

ejd