Re: Monitor resolution

steef wrote:

I think you must check you resolution, in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, the monitor resolution
always can be moved there.

In the screen section
in Modes you will find something like
Modes "800x600" "640x480" ...

you must put in this line the resolution that you want
first.

Modes "1024x768" "800x600" ....

also you must have the correct values for HorizSync,
and VertRefresh.

I hope this help.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)

run as root <dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86> you will eventually see a box which makes diffrent resolutions possible..,
gl.,

steef

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

I used with good result the dpkg-reconfigure command.

Erik Jakobsen