Re: Accessing internet...

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:25:49 +0500, Asim Jamshed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got two computers connected(cross cable) through
> Ethernet cards
> (Intel PRO 100).
>
> Computer A has Windows 2000 installed and a properly
> functioning
> dialup winmodem(Conexant).
>
> Computer B has a recently installed Debian OS(over
> Windows XP) but
> also has a Conexant winmodem.
>
> I would soon buy a hardware modem.. but is there any
> way I can access
> the net in computer B through a LAN connection from
> computer A(when
> connected to ISP)
>
> Regards,
> -Asim-

Of course, you must configure a proxy server(win proxy
or the like) on your win 2k box and set your default
gateway of your linux box to that machine and you
browser config. point to this proxy.

I hope this help regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)