MediaCenter auto-login

Hi,
I'm working on my computer to do a Linux MediaCenter (to play videos, DVS,
music, maybe games, and such). Since this computer will not have internet
nor LAN access, i'd like it to auto-login, so that by insterting a CD and
booting up, everything is done and not a single key has to be pressed.
How can I auto-login as a _user_ (still, not as root, since i wouldn't
like any ap to corupt my system) in the Command Lie Interface? (the idea
is not to use X)

Thanks in advance.